Sunday 16 July 2023

ADVERTS v BADVERTS

 


I have books on the subject of humour in advertising.
Mostly magazine sourced ads, but the illustrations & ideas they present are superb.
Wit and intelligence at its finest.
That in itself is a great advert for advertising agencies.
Badverts, on the other hand, are dim and repellent.
The ones I refer to are mostly to be encountered on the internet.
They encroach, intrude, trespass and infiltrate at almost every click.
Those who enforce it thus don't seem to be aware that this objectionable procedure has the opposite effect when attempting to lure you into making a purchase.
Repel is the opposite of attract.
How is it possible for them to not know this?
So the decision I make for those is easy - all I say is "I know not to buy YOUR products"..!!

GG

No comments:

Post a Comment